Dual station temp guage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dboncio99

I am looking for a 1977 vintage dual station water temp Guage for my 34 CHB 120 Leyman. I have tried multiple new ones but they are not compatible with my lower helm guage and sender. So, I am trying to find an old style. Any help directing my search would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Have you tried American Diesel who are the Lehman experts?
He may or may not be able to help but give him a call.

Welcome aboard. Brian at American Diesel is the guru on all things Lehman. 804-435-3107. No affiliation.

The answer depends on what gauges you have. All gauges that I have worked with use the same gauge dual station or single station, the sender is what is different.

The older Lehmans I've worked with in Grand Banks used Stewart Warner gauges and followed this pattern, identical gauges and a dual station sender.

Thank you. I have contacted American Diesel. In my case it is the guage that is marked dual station only. Replacing with Faria(sp) guage and another they are not the correct resistance so they mess up the working guage.

I always found it prudent to replace sender and gages. I was never overly concerned that they looked vintage or not, just as long as they were accurate.
I shopped on "egages.com" and found what I needed. I wanted a temp gage that had a 180 mark. Not easy but I found them and an appropriate sender.
Also changed the oil pressure gages and sender.

Attachments

• IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 26
I always found it prudent to replace sender and gages. I was never overly concerned that they looked vintage or not, just as long as they were accurate.

I shopped on "egages.com" and found what I needed. I wanted a temp gage that had a 180 mark. Not easy but I found them and an appropriate sender.

Also changed the oil pressure gages and sender.
Yup, nice VDOs. Did the same. Match senders to gauge scales.

Thank you al for your help. Turns out my gauges are AC and they stop producing in 1992. Brian from American Diesel suggested a set with new sender and gauges. I will likely go that route and replace both gauges and sender. I appreciate the help and direction. I am into this 34 CHB project 6 months now and getting closer to having a good reliable vessel!

Egages.com. Ummmm, eerrrrr, maybe not.

I’m not entirely sure that site is correct, at least I didn’t see anything to do with oil pressure??? [emoji4]

Careful out there... I had a bad temp gauge on my flybridge helm and now my boat looks like this...

Attachments

• IMG_5470.jpg
    IMG_5470.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 16
Dual Gauges

I had the same problem .I ended up buying Veethree gauges .
They are mechanical and have an adjustable switch built in , to power a buzzer or light at low oil pressure or high temp
Easy and work great.

Well Socalrider looks like good things are happening! Love making those big piles, so does my scrap guy so much he gives me a bottle of crown royal couple times a year!! Good luck with your project! :dance:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom