Dometic/Marine Air 7k BTU not turning on

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gfuller40

Hello! Newbie here but thought I would give this forum a try. I have an Albin 28 TE with an original Marine Air systems (Dometic) 7k BTU reverse cycle unit. It is the Passport I/O controls. The system worked OK since I bought the boat 5 years ago. Ok meaning it would cool great for about 30 minutes then the fan would slow down and blow room temp air until the unit rested and was reset. The issue I'm having now is that when I give the unit power at the breaker the display pad lights but only the 3 LED lights indicating HOT/COLD/FAN. If I flip the breaker on and off like a crazy person I will sometimes get it to display "2.22" or just a decimal or only one of the LED indicator lights will illuminate. Also sometimes I do hear it's "click" like it wants to start. This happened after sitting all winter (Maine) when I tried to get some heat this spring. I've replaced the capacitor with no luck (370v 35). It looks like there are really only 3 main components (control pad, control board, compressor unit). Has anyone had this experience? is it worth digging deeper into considering it's sub par performance previously?

Thanks so much!

Call Dometic service and hope you get Mark Bower the service tech. He’s an older Marineaire guy and quite knowledgeable. I think his email is mark.bower@dometic.com

Back
Top Bottom