Dock ground fault experience

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3600 watts is only enough for a single 30 A power feed. That won't work for the 50A 125/250V inlet on a mainship 400

Hope I didn't get scammed. I just bought on Amazon.
Weight little over 50lbs. I've heard Vicron is reputable co. I'm replacing 2 zincs a month so I hope this helps. View attachment 106606

That's a good unit. I've been selling those for about 5 years and no returns so far. Price you paid is average, a little more than what I charge.

I am curious as to who will provide you with technical assistance if you have a question during installation when you buy from an Amazon partner.

Pmcsurf1,

If I had to guess, I'd bet that the problem is on your own boat. It is hard to imagine a marina being that hot. Check with your neighbors. Are they eating Zincs?

More importantly, get a meter and start checking your vessel, or get someone to help you do it.

Good luck!

3600 watts is only enough for a single 30 A power feed. That won't work for the 50A 125/250V inlet on a mainship 400

People install the 3600 watt IT to power one leg of the 50 amp 125/250 circuit.

People install the 3600 watt IT to power one leg of the 50 amp 125/250 circuit.

That would still majorly limit usable power, as the 50A legs are 6kw each.

Rslifkin is correct. Will not work for my application. However, we found a isolation transformer already on the boat. It was in a strange spot. Port side stateroom behind closet panel.
Come to find out our boat had one installed at factory.
Its port side midship because forward shore power and aft shore power goes there and then to the panel.
So I've canceled the transformer.
Good news is dont need to buy one. Bad news is still burning zincs.
Electrician coming to test my boat. He puts a rod of some sort in the water and then we start checking breakers. Looking for some type of drain/leak.

Hope I didn't get scammed. I just bought on Amazon.
Weight little over 50lbs. I've heard Vicron is reputable co. I'm replacing 2 zincs a month so I hope this helps. View attachment 106606

This is unit will provide 32a at 110v. Even with two of them, one for each leg, you might not have adequate amps to run all systems.

When's Victron going to have an isolation transformer that can handle 240V/50A? :)

It's out but in short supply.

I am retracting my statement that Victron has a 240/50A Isolation Transformer.

Victron does not have a 240V/50A transformer. I got Victron mixed up with another vendor I buy from - ASEA, who has a variety of configurable transformers. aseapower.com

Thanks to the TF member who pointed out my inaccuracy in a PM

Attachments

• AC36TP-4-left-100x100.png
    AC36TP-4-left-100x100.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom