Depth sounder, Faria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVMAR

Vessel Name
Delphina
Vessel Make
President 43
I am installing a Faria depth sounder in my 1983 36 albin trawler with the in hull transducer. Any hints or tips on the install?? especially the transducer. and location of the guage............. thank you
Kevin Guilfoyle
New Bern NC

and another question what should I set the keel off set at ? on a 1983 36 albin trawler
Kevin g

Install it forward of the prop but far enough aft that there's always water under it. I've had good luck just forward of engine. If you have a cored hull must remove inside layer of glass and coring. Fill will epoxy and then mount transducer.

West system provides pretty straightforward instructions. As long as the area of the hull you are mounting the transducer is not cored (solid fiberglass) you can get acceptable readings through the hull. If you are installing a high end sounder for offshore fishing you would not go this route but it will work well for your application.

WEST SYSTEM | Modifying and Customizing Boats - Depth sounder installation

Setting the offset is a matter of preference, do you want the unit to read water under the keel or depth from the surface?, either is fine as long as you know what it is displaying. Measure the depth manually (lead line or long boathook) in your slip and adjust the offset to your preference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom