Custom panels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fotoman

Guru
I recently completed my rewiring project with the installation of a custom panel for some of my most used systems. For those interested, I used Front Panel Express to design it (you then send the file to the company to have the panel made). Very pleased with the results. Very affordable too (about $75 for this one).

Attachments

• image-3404204447.jpg
    image-3404204447.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 132
Very Nice!

I recently completed my rewiring project with the installation of a custom panel for some of my most used systems. For those interested, I used Front Panel Express to design it (you then send the file to the company to have the panel made). Very pleased with the results. Very affordable too (about $75 for this one).

I'm gonna put this on my to do list. My original panel still has the controls for the original generator (been replaced along with new controls) and there are a few other changes I would like to make.

Great tip, Fotoman. Thanks for sharing the info.

I've got to make up something similar for an overhead audio/video/internet control panel in my header. I've been pondering how best to attack the project while I've been collecting the other parts. This appears to be the missing piece of the puzzle.

This panel will allow stereo speaker selection, video camera selection and internet wifi power with appropriate fusing.

img_101460_0_47a2c5d3483a990bf8de23105f748eec.jpg

The picture above shows the header panel from a few years back. Everything to port of center has been removed and plugs installed. I have mahogany veneer to install over the entire face of the header and plan to replace the original overhead Stewart engine gages and lexan panel over the next few years. The driving force behind this upgrade is the capillary tube oil pressure gages which need to be replaced with electric sending units/gages.

Thanks for the info!!

Nice job. What material did you decide on and what thickness?

Thanks. It was black anodized aluminium, 1/8 thick.

Glad the info will inspire some of you for future projects. It's actually a lot of fun to design a panel that will serve exactly the right purpose and look professional.

Here's the first one I did for my fuel gauges and transfer pump.

Attachments

• image-2851735166.jpg
    image-2851735166.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 111
Really a nice touch. Leaves a finished, functional and organized impression. Thanks for the tip. I'm re-doing my pilothouse and helm now.....good timing.

That's a remarkable price for an aluminum anodized panel.

Back
Top Bottom