Christmas has come in October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
UPS just delivered new Garmin upper and lower helm displays and radome to replace 10 year old Raymarine RC 631 chartplotter and RL 70 Pathfinder radar all HSB interfaced. Oh boy oh boy. Fall to spring project to keep me busy. Will be tearing out the old to replace with the new. What to do with the old stuff? Is it worth anything?

List it on the internet:
here with price,
Ebay,
T&T Buy, sell, trade list
somebody may need it or parts of it.
Good luck with the installation, let us know how it goes.
Steve W

Yes it is worth someting. That RL70 is a decent piece of equipment.

Dave:

I don't have your regular E-mail address and I don't know how to include photos in the private messages so I'm embedding photos here.

My chart plotter is encased in a NavPod which has special mounting screws that make it hard to "rip off." I probably wouldn't have done this but when I bought the boat, the installation was already done.

Attachments

• er navpod.jpg
    er navpod.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 84
  • full panel.jpg
    full panel.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 82
  • walt & navpod.jpg
    walt & navpod.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 76
Walt. Thanks for the pics. A navpod won't do the trick for me for the lower helm. I do have one for on the bridge. I am now looking at a RAM mount which would raise my unit up about 3 inches. Still thinking though. My boat has one of those , somewhat useless, shallow but wide "chart storage" bins with a hinged top that's located on top of the dash area between the wheel and the compass that prevents me from putting the chart plotter there, and there is not enough room on either side of the bin for the unit's 15" OA width. The attached pic (if I did this correctly) from a 2000 IG32 (not ours) sort of shows our layout and has a RC 631 Raymarine plotter in the same position as ours was and where the Garmin will probably have to go.

Attachments

• ig 32 lower helm.jpg
    ig 32 lower helm.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 87
Back
Top Bottom