Old 05-06-2022, 09:13 AM   #1

City: Easton
Vessel Name: Merlin
Vessel Model: Catalina 42
Cheer Men PT38 Europa Wiring Diagrams

Good morning! I own a 1981 Cheer Men 38 Europa. I am hoping someone out there has access to wiring diagrams for the type. Our boat has had many modifications like a new engine, tanks, genset and more, but the basic DC wiring is somewhat a mystery. Anyone have wiring diagrams from the factory?
I am located on the Eastern shore of the Chesapeake.
Thanks in advance!
Tom Vail
302-252-7398
vailte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 12:23 PM   #2

City: Duncan
Sorry, I can't help with your question. I'm hoping you can help me. I'm looking at a 1984 38PT and am interested in any issues with these boats such as: are the wood decks prone to leaking? Are there weak spots to check out? Windows goos or prone to leak, etc. Any thoughts from you or any other owners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
danboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:45 AM   #3
Guru

City: Olympia
Vessel Name: Rendezvous
Vessel Model: Blue water 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by danboy View Post
Sorry, I can't help with your question. I'm hoping you can help me. I'm looking at a 1984 38PT and am interested in any issues with these boats such as: are the wood decks prone to leaking? Are there weak spots to check out? Windows goos or prone to leak, etc. Any thoughts from you or any other owners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Of course there are leaking problems with any boat of that age. Look at the interior for staining around the windows, or places where water may have run down the walls. Tap around every opening on the exterior of the boat.
Water intrusion is the sworn enemy of old trawlers. If itís minor and kept up on, it wonít be a huge deal. If itís been let go, be prepared for a ton of work or money spent.
Wood decks, while nice to walk on, are a real problem when they leak. If the boat was boathouse kept they might be ok though.
Get a surveyor to look at it for you. Iíve had good luck making a relationship with local surveyors to come in to do initial inspections to see if I wanted to go ahead with a comprehensive survey. Surveyors have a unique perspective and see things even experienced boaters might miss.
Bmarler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:54 AM   #4
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Mr. v. Welcome aboard. You've got a 41 year old boat. Any electrical diagrams will most probably be WAY out of date due to the "Rocket Surgery" performed by previous owners and "Marine Electricians". It's terribly frustrating, to say the least. MY suggestion is buy a VOM, a pad of paper, a sharp pencil and start tracing wires. Note and label what you find.