Chart plotter anguish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pineapple Girl wrote:
... . I have to agree those screens mark posted would be info overload for me.
*Don't have to be fighter pilots to make easy use of those screens.* It's just a matter of focusing on the information relevant at the time (I'm thinking).* And I'm saying this from the perspective of a guy whose most complex navigational*aides*have been*charts and compass.* Are you saying that depthometer, radar, autopilot, and gps are beyond me?* No!* You're all "pulling my leg," aren't you?

markpierce wrote:Pineapple Girl wrote:
... . I have to agree those screens mark posted would be info overload for me.
*Don't have to be fighter pilots to make easy use of those screens.* It's just a matter of focusing on the information relevant at the time (I'm thinking).* And I'm saying this from the perspective of a guy whose most complex navigational*aides*have been*charts and compass.* Are you saying that depthometer, radar, autopilot, and gps are beyond me?* No!* You're all "pulling my leg," aren't you?

*LOL I look at a computer all day.* I prefer having a little less data presented to me at one time when I am "relaxing" on my boat.* It is not that the data is not valuable, but for my middle aged brain it is too busy, too much on one screen at one time.* If you can take all that in, hone in on the piece you need at that moment, more power to you!* I don't mind having to look at different instruments or page through screens to check through things as needed.* Probably if I used something like those all the time I'd get used to it but I'll stick with simple for now!*
wink.gif
* I'm just glad my depth gauge decided to work again!

As a professional pilot flying modern electronic aircraft, the informational available for systems and navigation can be overwelming. The designers have done a good job of presenting relavent information in a timely fasion. However all information is available if needed.

Back
Top Bottom