Old 09-19-2020, 10:50 AM   #1

City: Charleston
Brower davit remote

Does anyone know where I can acquire a remote transmitter for a Brower WC 800 davit? Brower is apparently out of business and I can't find a dealer with Brower parts.
divertom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:12 PM   #2
Guru

City: Solomons, MD
Vessel Name: Branwen
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
Welcome to TF!

I assume you mean for the winch or hoist motor on the davit. Is that correct? If so, a davit's hoist motor is often made by someone other than the davit manufacturer or has been replaced since the davit was installed. Can you see a manufacturer's name and model number on the hoist motor? Do you have a remote and are looking for a replacement? Is it a wired remote? Oops, you said 'transmitter,' so it's probably not wired. Can you post pictures of what you do have, including the remote interface at the davit and the controller?

So many questions, and I have others, but if you fill in some of the blanks, we'll be able to ask more useful ones.

Greg.
GregBrannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #3

Thanks Greg

Greg,

I am 500 miles from the boat at this time but have somebody going there next week to get these answers. Hadn't thought about the winch motor manufacturer being different from the davit company. Will post the info. Again thanks for the insight. Tom
Old 09-19-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
Guru

City: West Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by divertom View Post
Does anyone know where I can acquire a remote transmitter for a Brower WC 800 davit? Brower is apparently out of business and I can't find a dealer with Brower parts.
I did this yesterday. Call Jeff at Miratron: 1 (866) 417-5008, which manufactures the remote transmitter and receiver components used by Brower (and many others). I suspect he will put you in touch with Russ who still services Brower davits. Russ is a good guy.
MYTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:12 PM   #5

Thank you MYTraveler
Old 11-04-2020, 12:46 PM   #6

City: Newport Beach
Vessel Name: La Calma
Vessel Model: Offshore 62 Pilot House
I Just ordered a replacement wired Controller for my Brower Davit from a Italian Company called Quick. Just input the P/N from your remote if you still have it into Google and the company comes up, worked for me. Quick also builds the wireless remotes etc. I think they are located in Rhode Island. It worked for me. For what it's worth Russ is a great guy to deal with and truly is a wealth of information.
Bertram Guy is offline   Reply With Quote