bow thruster help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

porman

Guru
Vessel Name
Beach Music II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
Help. Our boat has a Volvo bow thruster and the thruster switch is starting to come apart. The switch is no longer in production. I've seen them at several places online but when trying to order am told they are not in stock and not expected to receive any. I'm considering using a Sidepower switch but cannot find a wiring diagram. If anyone has a Sidepower switch like the one shown and can tell me what the wires do that would be great. I've tried a multimeter on it but I believe it has to have power before it will work. Thanks to anyone that can help.

Attachments

• switch1.jpg
    switch1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 18
  • switch2.jpg
    switch2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 14
On the 4 pin plug the blue and gray are directional. Red is plus and black is ground.

That was fast, You must have experience with Sidepower thrusters. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

Yes, I put one in our last boat. On the direction wires you will just have to try them and if it works backwards then swap them.

I hooked up the Sidepower switch to a 12v battery and figured out how it works. Looks like I will be able to use it. Thanks for the help. This is why I like TF.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom