Bluetooth challenge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rgano

Guru
Vessel Name
FROLIC
Vessel Make
Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
Here's something for the socially isolated and bored but innovative techie geeks (Where would we be without you?) in the crowd to gnaw on. We have Sena-equipped headsets we occasionally use for intercoms. I cannot hear the VHF radio too well when my ears are under the headset and thought why not try to plug the unused VHF radio's external speaker connection into some sort of Bluetooth transmitter in order to listen to the radio on the Sena? The Sena supports Bluetooth 3.0, Hands Free Profile (HPF), Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP), and Audio Video Remote Control (AVRCP), if that helps.

Best I can figure, your VHF's alt speaker out is not compatible with the typical "line level" input on a Bluetooth trans. Might have to come up with a little gadget to make it compatible. Probably a pad to lower the signal level and an isolation transformer to prevent ground loops. No big woo. Will have to dust off the scope and take a look.

https://www.epanorama.net/circuits/speaker_to_line.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom