Balmar Regulator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just pulled the trigger on the Wakespeed WS500 regulators after lengthy conversations with both Balmar and Wakespeed. Both are excellent products, but Wakespeed met my goal of simplifying the install process. The Wakespeed folks are Balmar alumni, so there is a deep familiarity with the Balmar products.

Rick at Wakespeed is very passionate about his product, and took the time to walk thru the various benefits of the WS500. Wakespeed has developed specific regulator profiles with all major LFP battery manufacturers (download the file, upload to the reg- 5 min to program max), so user mistakes are minimized.

Another draw is the hardware itself- rather than 2 Balmar MC-614s and a CF-II with all the relevant wiring, a simple Cat-5 cable connects the regulators so they can "talk" and ensure proper alternator regulation. Also, the WS500 is NMEA 2k capable.

Install to come!

Are you installing this week?

If the yard come back to say I have a bad regulator I may be replacing.

Probably this weekend- I’m tracing wires and diagramming the layout right now.

Call them, they are good to work with!

balmar-web-logo.png

1520139th Ave NE
Marysville, WA 98271
Customer Service: 1.360.435.6100 x1
Technical Service: 1.360.435.6100 x3​

Balmar regulators are set to whatever the battery manufacturer recommends for the voltage for three stages of charging.

Remember Balmar are external alternator regulators. If using a Balmar regulator do not use in internally regulated alternator.

Balmar

Have you considered contacting Balmar directly?

They are very friendly people ----

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom