Autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CAPTAIN G

Vessel Name
SeaCure
Vessel Make
Mainship Pilot II Rumrunner
I have a raytheon ST600R autopilot control unit when I place it in the auto mode it tracks for a little while *some times less then more then it returns back to standby mode

Does anyone have any ideas where I can start to look for a cure to my problem

Thanks

Glen

i would check the rudder feedback unit,check for corrosion ao connections,make sure that you dont have any metal near the auto pilot compass

Glen, This is a common problem and is usually due to low voltage. You need to check voltage PLUS all of your connection in the system. Pay attention to your ground connections. Chuck

I concur with Capn Chuck, it's probably intermittent power connections.* My Raymarine ST6002+ unit began dropping out of auto and back into standby.* Turned out to be an intermittent ground connection.* Check the positive and negative connections to the computer.* Raymarine uses small set screws in a plastic mounting on the computer.* In my case the set screw for 12VDC negative had stripped the plastic housing so it was impossible to get a constant ground.* I ended up soldering in two pigtails, one for positive and one for negative.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom