Old 08-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #1

Android navigation and anchor apps

I just purchased a new Samsung Galaxy SII smartphone. I am looking for the best navigation and anchor app. Free apps would be great. Any suggestions out there?

Cheers

CPW5
cpw5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
RE: Android navigation and anchor apps

Anchor app???? Navionics makes an EXCELLENT app for navigation for about 10 bucks. Truly amazing that your phone can mimic the best of the chartplotters for a mere 10 bucks. Let us know how that phone works out for you. It is allegedly on the cutting edge although not a big Samsung fan overe here!!!
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:00 AM   #3
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
RE: Android navigation and anchor apps

We have 'Anchor Alert' and 'Boat Remote'... Anchor alert we have used a couple of times. It's not the easiest thing to figure out, but does do well. Anchor Alert we have not tried yet, but want to. It uses TWO iPhones (and I assume Hemorrhoid devices too) and you can monitor your boat while you are ashore (one phone alerts the other what it is doing). It seems pretty cool, but like I said... we haven't fired it up yet. Be aware that the downside to programs like this is that running full-time GPS will annihilate your battery. You'll want to plug it into a power outlet for best results.
Tom.B is offline   Reply With Quote