Android Apps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marinetrader

Here are a few Apps that* I find very useful on my Droid.* to find them just go to your "market" icon and use the search feature.* Type in exactly as I have them posted here.

Tide Chart Free - this will give you a graphic of the tide location you select using GPS.

FCN Wx - a Florida based weather radar system overlayed on Google Earth.....will locate to your position with buit in GPS

Marine Weather by Bluefin - gives you marine weather. wave heights using offshore bouys

Windfinder - offshore marine forecasts

Navionics.....a Chartplotter on your phone for 10 bucks!...excellent when you are OPB(other people's boats)
and you want to "backseat" navigate and obviously an excellent backup.

Marine Traffic . com is also an excellent app that gathers AIS data of transponders in the area. Could be useful and interesting if nothing else. *Turn the GPS on and it will orient you right on the map amongst the other targets....could be quite useful in determining the name of the vessel you are trying to contact. *VERY useful in the Houston Ship channel!

-- Edited by Baker on Tuesday 23rd of August 2011 08:35:33 AM

Nauticharts.* Has the NOAA charts with ActiveCaptain points of interest and info.* Really more like a portable ActiveCaptain app.* the Lite version is Free.

Thanks very much for the replies. I have downloaded some of the apps suggested and they work great.

Back
Top Bottom