Analog to Digital AC Monitoring Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Turtle Blues

Vessel Name
High Noon V / SV Evelyn
Vessel Make
Golden Star 42 / Ericson 30 / Yard full of trailer boats
So just finished replacing burned AC wiring, 50 to 2/ 30A EEL Splitter and Shore power cord due to local dockside brownout. Misery loves company, stern on neighbor has same issues.
Question is updating the 30 year old panel analog displays with something that will give me real data and the advantage of some warning.
Looking at the Blue Seas M2 AC panel to monitor the 2 incoming shore power legs and the M2 Vessel Panel to monitor generator power and the house battery. Both have alarm out functions.

The intent is for this to be a stand alone display in the existing panel not integrated into the Navigation MFD.
Suggestions Appreciated

Stick with Blue Seas. They have an excellent reputation, both for technical support and warranty service.

Roger That.
I'm going to take the lack of alternative suggestions as additional affirmation.

Reading other posts that parallel the second half of the damage that I didn't bother to identify - also burned a couple of wires on the old mechanical control board for one of the CruiseAir AC units and didn't find that until after I had pulled the triac suspecting it was bad - looked like it had gotten hot.

Textbook definition of the cascade effect.

I use Blue Seas 8247 Digital AC Multi-Function Meter with Alarm for monitoring 110VAC

The 8247 measured amperage, wattage, voltage and frequency.

Blue seas has panels and bezels for the 8247 or it can be mounted in a 2" round hole

Attachments

• 8247_install2.jpg
    8247_install2.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 8247.png
    8247.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I installed the Blue Seas model 1838 M2 meter to monitor my 2 ac circuits a few years ago and it has been flawless.

Ken

I installed the Blue Seas model 1838 M2 meter to monitor my 2 ac circuits a few years ago and it has been flawless.

Ken

Good the hear. I'm using them on my build, but don't have any first hand experience with them yet.

Back
Top Bottom