AIS Vesper 8000 with WiFi issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taras

Vessel Make
Currently Boatless
Hey All,
I just finished installing a new Vesper 8000 AIS with WiFi, external GPS, antenna splitter and alarm. Followed the directions carefully with connecting to my WiFi on my iPad and cannot get it to connect. I see the Vesper WiFi on the list in the ipad, i click on it and it spins for a minute then i get an error message "Unable to join the network". I uninstalled the WatchMate app, reinstalled, turned off WiFi, turned it back on and even tried it with 2 different iPads (1 with 12.5 IOS and one ipad with updated IOS of 15.3). Then i tried my apple cell phone and it connected right away....hummm. This is a real mind bender. Tried turning off WiFi on the phone and ipad still will not connect.
Any thoughts on why this is connecting to my phone but will not connect to my iPad??
The whole reason I bought this thing was to overlay AIS onto my Nav software on my iPad (but I cannot even get it to connect to the WatchMate app).
-Any help appreciated!!

Taras.

If you are going to your iPad or any other Apple product they may not connect the same as other devices on the network such as PCs or printers.

I am far from a "computer guru" :)
However, IPads sometimes have "glitches" connecting to various things, either Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. I suggest searching on line or contact Apple to determine steps to follow. I have had similar problems with "other connections" but they happen so infrequently that I can't remember what I ended up doing.
By the way, I had the Vesper 8000 on my Tug, and it worked great with all 3 of my IPads running Navionics (all at once), and I loved the built in Anchor alarm.
The good news is that the Vesper does connect to your phone, so it is probably just a "hitch". Good luck, and sorry I could not be more precise.

On your iPad wifi, try Forget This Network for the vesper. Then try logging to the vesper again.

One thing you might try is Settings>WiFi>select network Info>turn off Private WiFi Address.

Under utilities/settings make sure WatchMate is set to local network on the IPads.

300DC675-A6E6-469A-948B-0C1AD0E78005.jpg

We have 2-3 apple iPads that connect with our vesper 8000 Wi-Fi installed just like yours. Sometimes you need to do a hard reboot on an iPad, they get
‘Clogged up” like windows computers will do. You may need to re-enter the password for the vesper.

Are you using the native Vesper Wi-Fi or your boat’s LAN (which needs a fixed IP address for the XB8000 to connect)? If the latter, make sure your iPad is using the correct (fixed IP).
I also find iPad sometimes won’t connect. Rebooting often helps, but I usually just wait 5 minutes & it eventually connects.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom