Adding cameras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BevinB- I don't think the OP was about doing it the "cheap way" but more about inability to cable and run wires easily to where they would need it.

As far as using the "cheap cams", there is no issue with delay or flipped images with those. I have 6 hardwired (ethernet) into my Raymarine Axiom and for a grand total (6 cams, 8 port network switch, power cable, ethernet cables, fused distro block) I am still WELL UNDER the ~$500 cost for just ONE Raymarine CAM220...

Hey, if I need to replace 1-2... lol, all 5 in the next 3-5 years, I am totally ok with that... :) Replacement is simply:
1. unplug ethernet
2. unplug power
3. 3/4 twist camera to release
4. reverse process to install...

Jkap-
Here is the camera I purchased for my interior views (engine room and generator/cockpit area). Depending on your cams location this may or may not work for you. It's not a weatherproof outdoor camera, so you would need to see if the seller has the exact same type but for outdoor use.
Once you get the camera, you need to plug it into your home router and do the setup at home. Making sure the configuration settings are what you will need.
1. Must support H.264 video compression
2. Must support RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol)
3. Must support ONVIF Service Detection (ONVIF User Authentication MUST BE 4. DISABLED) ... inability to configure this IP camera feature is
the most common cause for IP camera incompatibility.
5. Must have DHCP enabled & Dynamic IP set to ON
6. 720p or 1080P resolution

When connected at home is also when you can name the camera. Helpful hint organize your naming conventions to they will be in the "center of the screen if you are going to do multiple cameras. If just one camera, move it to the bottom right. Otherwise the Axiom icons sit on top of the camera names... :)
You can also play w/ the IR settings, FPS rate, flip, mirror, motion/alarms (I didn't see a need for those) etc...

You will also need to get this on the Raymarine network, depending on your setup, you may need to buy some more cables. If you already have the HS5 switch and have an open port, you can plug right in.
If you don't, you can buy a cable to convert from the Raynet over to standard ethernet setup (like you have at your house). That's the route I went... I now have an 8 port POE switch (~$60 Amazon) that connects all of my Axioms (4 total), the CAM220 for my Augmented Reality add-on. As well as a secondary 8-port (non-POE ~$20 Amazon) switch that all the cameras connect into.

I have found, at least for the first time when you connect into the network, that if you plug everything in, power up the cams and THEN power up the Axioms, the Axiom with handle DHCP and hand out the new IP's for the Axiom network. Make sure you Axiom has DHCP enabled in the settings... If this doesn't work, then try the opposite way, power up the Axiom then power up the cams (heard it sometimes works differently for some people)... After about 1-2 mins, you should see the cams start populating on the Axiom. You don't need to do anything! :)
Once you see them, you can go in and organize it/them how you see fit. Set up the tiles how you want, bounce back-forth as needed, do split screens, etc... :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot...rderId=8122343580669522&productId=33035230614

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082CYKHYH/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A121WN6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this all helps... It SOUNDS way more complicated then it is... The "hardest part" is finding the right cams that fall within Raymarine's B.S. requirements!!! :p

Attachments

• camera lens & distance options.PNG
    camera lens & distance options.PNG
    165.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Raynet Adapter Cables.PNG
    Raynet Adapter Cables.PNG
    153.3 KB · Views: 17
Raymarine and camera

a lot
thanks; I will try. The links can no longer be opened.

Thanks, I think I'll give that camera a try. Unless Hosafe still informs me which camera has replaced the H2MD6PA. What I am not yet clear is what I have to do in the Raymarine chartplotter to see the camera image. And how to make it so that I can easily switch from the map view to the camera view. If you would like to tell me more about that I would be very grateful.

You dont have to "do" anything. They will start populating on their own. You should have a "video" tile on your main screen (may need to scroll left/right to see it). If not, just hold down on the screen and add a new tile labeled Video. Click on that tile an on the right you should start seeing them populate after everything is fired up. See pics below...

Also, if you're not already subscribed to the live videos they do almost every week on Thursday's you SHOULD! :)

Attachments

• Axiom Tiles.PNG
    Axiom Tiles.PNG
    142.9 KB · Views: 9
  • populating cams.jpg
    populating cams.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom