Active Captain Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Seevee

Guru
Vessel Make
430 Mainship
Somehow I lost my AC notes and tutorial...

How do you post a AC waypoint, hazard, marina, POI?

It depends on the implementation, but most are similar. For the on-line web page Garmin/Active Captain implementation, click on the feature, then on reviews then at the top left of the review box there is a "write review" box to click. Then a box open where you write your review.

On the AquaMap implementation it is similar but after clicking on the i for the information and reviews there is a pencil symbol that you click on to write your review.

I don't know how to create a new feature in either implementation. I tried and couldn't find a way to do it.

David

It depends on the implementation, but most are similar. For the on-line web page Garmin/Active Captain implementation, click on the feature, then on reviews then at the top left of the review box there is a "write review" box to click. Then a box open where you write your review.

On the AquaMap implementation it is similar but after clicking on the i for the information and reviews there is a pencil symbol that you click on to write your review.

I don't know how to create a new feature in either implementation. I tried and couldn't find a way to do it.

David

David,

A bit lost. What's a "feature"? Is that a waypoint? If so, I want to create a new one, like a hazard where I hit something.

I used to do that all the time, but got a brain fart and nothing is working.

On Aqua Maps you can only insert a review of an existing POIs.
Activecaptain website is the right way for a new one.

On Aqua Maps you can only insert a review of an existing POIs.
Activecaptain website is the right way for a new one.

How do you do it on the website?

To Seevee:

A feature in my terminology is any icon for a marina, anchorage, obstruction, etc that was previously placed. As noted I can't figure out either how to add one myself.

David

I figured out how to add a new marker. With a clear chart, ie no markers selected, click on the little arrow on the left of the screen that brings up a list of available markers in the view. Click on add marker and it opens a box that lets you select from a list of available markers, drag a pointer to where you want to add a marker, name it, etc.

I knew it was there, just needed to scratch my head for a while to find it.

David

I figured out how to add a new marker. With a clear chart, ie no markers selected, click on the little arrow on the left of the screen that brings up a list of available markers in the view. Click on add marker and it opens a box that lets you select from a list of available markers, drag a pointer to where you want to add a marker, name it, etc.

I knew it was there, just needed to scratch my head for a while to find it.

David

Are we using the AC app? I have no little arrow on the left.

Attachments

• AC-map.jpg
    AC-map.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 32
Steve
I use Navionics for AC and with that you select a location and then the ? For the location which pops up the first screen shot.
If you select the + sign it pops up the 2nd screen shot
Between those you can select what action you'd like to take
DonScreenshot_20191223-142007_Boating%20HD.jpgScreenshot_20191223-141922_Boating%20HD.jpg

Are we using the AC app? I have no little arrow on the left.

No, I was using the online version with a web browser. No app. All nav apps are different. As discussed above AquaMap doesn't let you add marks, it only lets you add to them.

Maybe you are using a tablet app that is a Navionics product. Don't know about that one.

David

No, I was using the online version with a web browser. No app. All nav apps are different. As discussed above AquaMap doesn't let you add marks, it only lets you add to them.

Maybe you are using a tablet app that is a Navionics product. Don't know about that one.

David

I'm using the Garmin ActiveCaptian site online. You'd think that it would be intuitive to add a marker. Used to be. I'm still looking for a solution.

Someone says "intuitive ", my eyes glass over and I take a nap.

I'm using the Garmin ActiveCaptian site online. You'd think that it would be intuitive to add a marker. Used to be. I'm still looking for a solution.

You first said that you use an app, which implies to me an iOS or an Android app downloaded from the store. But above you say you are using the Garmin Active Captain site online, presumably with an internet browser.

If the latter, I explained how to add a marker in post #6 above. Here it is again with a few embelishments:

Open up the Garmin/Active Captain web site- https://activecaptain.garmin.com/en-US/Map. Make sure that you are in map mode and no marker is selected. Click on the little arrow on the left of the screen that brings up a list of available markers in the chart view. Click on add marker in the upper right of that list and it opens a box that lets you select from a list of available marker types and drag a pointer to where you want to add a marker. Add the name of the marker at the bottom. Then click Next to add your comments.

David

This is a clip of the AC site map.

First you need to be logged on.

Attachments

• ActiveCaptAddMarker.PNG
    ActiveCaptAddMarker.PNG
    25.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom