Active captain auto guidance like Navionics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pmcsurf1

Vessel Name
Agape
Vessel Make
Californian 45
I've been using navionics app for about 6 months.and love it btw. I just upgraded my electronics from Raymarine to Garmin. I've installed active captain on my phone but can't seem to find an auto guidance feature like Navionics.
Am I missing something?
I know I can auto guidance on Garmin plotter but would like to plan routes on phone/tablet without sanding at helm.
Thanks,
Paul Screenshot_20201112-162622_Boating%20HD.jpegScreenshot_20201112-162922_ActiveCaptain.jpeg

You can do this. Use navionics app auto route feature, then export the route directly into Active Captain on your phone. From there auto sync should update your plotter next time you connect to it.

I do this all the time.

Hey, that's super useful - thanks for showing how that's done.

I checked with Garmin. They released an update in Oct 2020 that uses auto guidance.
New version 21.0.1222 has auto guidance. Now does everything navionics does just a little style difference.
To check version open active captain, settings, about. I had version 18.

I checked with Garmin. They released an update in Oct 2020 that uses auto guidance.
New version 21.0.1222 has auto guidance. Now does everything navionics does just a little style difference.
To check version open active captain, settings, about. I had version 18.

Thanks for pointing that out. While not quite as elegant as the Navionics auto routing, it’s nice to now have that available on the AC app. Unlike Navionics, which is easy to use for planning anywhere, it appears the Garmin “guide to” feature starts auto routing from your current location, so for planning, you have to manually drag the starting point to the desired location.

Back
Top Bottom