1977 Marine trader 34dc autopilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vandeusen

Good day everyone I have a March 1977 Marine Trader 34 d.c. imported from Taiwan trawler and I am trying to figure out what autopilot is appropriate for my vessel. Since I am a disabled vet I'm not looking for a high-dollar unit just one that will serve its purpose that I can take my eyes off the water for a minute or two without looking up and saying I veered 45° LOL I need help in this matter would be appreciated

Also it would be nice if the autopilot was kind of dummy proof because I am just a little bit mechanical and I don't feel like getting ripped off buy a mechanic

Si-Tex, Comnav

Si-Tex and Comnav are reliable and would both satisfy your requirements being reasonably price, reliable and easily installed. Si-Tex also has a SP-80 unit that all connections are to the control head simplifying installation. Our Si-Tex SP-70 has worked well, no complaints.

someone had a comnav listed in the classified section for a very attractive price.

comnav

TY, Send the listing member of the Comnav a PM and ask what you need to complete the setup besides the pump for hydraulic steering,assuming you have hydraulic steering. The listing member is well versed in marine systems and can offer explanations as to what/what not you need.

Back
Top Bottom