used oil recycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've run my F-250, 7.3 on 10:1 diesel and motor oil. Mainly to get rid of excess oil. Oil was centrifuged to below 1 micron and gave me no starting or other problems. I have 300,000 on the injectors now.

I remember reading about your centrifuge. oil is already going through an oil filter which is how many microns? Fuel filters are how many microns.
Do you really need to centrifuge below what those filters already handle.
I know your way is best, but do we need to? I get the centrifuge gets out the stuff that would shorten a filter life. I am looking at the cost of a centrifuge compared to cost of filters.

I remember reading about your centrifuge. oil is already going through an oil filter which is how many microns? Fuel filters are how many microns.
Do you really need to centrifuge below what those filters already handle.
I know your way is best, but do we need to? I get the centrifuge gets out the stuff that would shorten a filter life. I am looking at the cost of a centrifuge compared to cost of filters.

Most filters are 10-30 microns. I have seen some 5 micron filters. The 5 are usually small and made for the engine mounted filter housing.

Most filters are 10-30 microns. I have seen some 5 micron filters. The 5 are usually small and made for the engine mounted filter housing.
Thanks. To rephrase, why those filters are not enough to run oil mixed with diesel 10-1 to the engines without any further ado.

Thanks. To rephrase, why those filters are not enough to run oil mixed with diesel 10-1 to the engines without any further ado.
My best guess is fine metal particles that may be present in engine oil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom