Old 09-12-2021, 04:09 AM   #21

City: Manly qld
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenhuse View Post
I love the report on your Lehman!
However, you have a boat that weighs almost twice as much as mine, with a bigger cubic inch engine and it burns 7lt/hr at 7 knts. at 1200rmp, whereas my engine currently burns something like 11lt/hr at 7knts at 1800rpm. I'm not sure how to sort this information out. Does the evidence suggest that I should run my engine at 1200rpm? I'm at the end of the boating season here in SE Alaska so will now pursue the various investigative measures suggested in this helpful thread to find out more. Thanks for your reply.
Depending on how your propped I suppose , but mine will only do 1800rpm wot and would probably slurp around your litres per hr up in your current range , I rarely go WOT mostly only the last 15 minutes of a voyage to let her burp and clear her throat , it just seems pointless for to go anther 600-650 rpm WOT to gain maybe anther knot in boat speed but basically double the fuel burn and she’s just so happy at 1200-1250 rpm and very quiet 🤫 😀😀
Mobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:18 AM   #22
FF
Guru

she’s just so happy at 1200-1250 rpm and very quiet �� ����

Sounds like you have the proper prop for cruising.
FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 07:18 AM   #23

City: Juneau, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobcat View Post
Depending on how your propped I suppose , but mine will only do 1800rpm wot and would probably slurp around your litres per hr up in your current range , I rarely go WOT mostly only the last 15 minutes of a voyage to let her burp and clear her throat , it just seems pointless for to go anther 600-650 rpm WOT to gain maybe anther knot in boat speed but basically double the fuel burn and she’s just so happy at 1200-1250 rpm and very quiet 🤫 😀😀
Boldly exposing my lack of knowledge and or imagination after trying to guess but failing, I have to ask, what’s WOT? Thanks Mobcat
Kenhuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 04:51 PM   #24

City: Punta Gorda, Florida
Vessel Name: Salty
Vessel Model: Fu Hwa 34 Europa
Wide open throttle

John
Capt Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 11:44 AM   #25

City: Juneau, Alaska
Thanks Captain Jack!
Kenhuse is offline   Reply With Quote