Old 01-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #21
Veteran Member

City: Pender Island
tomorrow.....

An Aquadrive it is !!!!! Leaving Pender on the 0745 ferry for Swartz Bay to have Breadbasket Hauled--Pressure Washed then we'll bottom paint..during the process the boat will be surveyed(for insurance) then change the coolant.. Next day back in the water for a one hour cruise (PO will show me the boats "little secrets".. back to North Saanich Marina for an oil/filter change ........ We will take her over to Pender in a week or so.
DYK Most boats over 15 yrs. must be surveyed however Steel hulled boats must have a dry land survey....perfect timing and the Surveyor lives just down the road................. I'm going to take pics. and IF I can figure out how to post them I will ....... thanks for everyone's good wishes ... Exciting!!!!!! ---------- Just a word for those looking to purchase. I can not imagine purchasing a boat from a seller that is not close by or from someone who you don't feel comfortable with ... the process has to be positive from square # 1 and seems to me that would be hard to achieve with long distance communication...OMHO........ stay warm and dry!!!! jp
Lucy 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
TF Site Team

City: Ex-Brisbane, (Australia), now Bribie Island, Qld
Vessel Name: Now boatless - sold 6/2018
Vessel Model: Had a Clipper (CHB) 34
That's the boatiest lookin' boat I've ever seen. It's so cute yah just wanta hug it.
Peter B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #23
Veteran Member

City: Pender Island
An Update on Breadbasket

Bottom painted--re-Zinced -- Surveyed --- Coolant changed ==== Oil changed and ready for her new home at Thieves Bay ...... Very pleased with Meadows Marine Surveyor Lachlan Mackenzie who passed along a fairly extensive "to- do - list" ... replace battery cables/replace gas line/etc. etc. nothing major....... one thing that I'll need to do as time goes along is replace the Prop...I'll send a pic. when I figure out how to do that.. it's 30--LH--19 which will accept a 1 1/2 inch shaft ..... the prop that's on the boat had a plastic sleeve installed which isolated it from the zincs 'causing deterioration.... not so good BUT not a crisis ...... I may cruise across to Pender on Saturday ....... stand by john
Lucy 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 PM   #24
Veteran Member

City: Campbell River, BC
Vessel Name: Kittywake
Vessel Model: 1992 Independent Shipwrights IS25
Well done, John.

I too found my boat in our backyard (Sidney) after looking from Campbell River to Mexico. And Lachlan helped Bob Down with the survey. Also have a Dickinson stove/heater although it's the bigger brother to yours -- a thousand fish boats can't be wrong.

We'll look for you on the water.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #25

I used Meadows to survey a boat in Sidney in 1974. They did a great job for me then too!
Enjoy your new boat, perfect for our area. Bill
Island Cessna is offline   Reply With Quote