Old 11-03-2021, 04:02 PM   #41

City: Wheatley
Vessel Name: Albatross
Vessel Model: Pocket Trawler Jolly Roger 33
Hi Rich, according to the previous owner the Perkins runs fine and has no issue. I like to update the otherwise fine boat to a newer and less horsepower Diesel. I will personalize the rest of the boat as well including a new galley etc. and so. Regards, Benno
Benno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 08:55 PM   #42
Guru

City: Southport, FL near Panama City
Vessel Name: FROLIC
Vessel Model: Mainship 30 Pilot II since 2015. GB-42 1986-2015. Former Unlimited Tonnage Master
It sounds like you will be able to realize a nice sum by selling a working engine.
rgano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:52 PM   #43

City: Monterey
Vessel Model: Hankinson Coastal Cruiser
Jolly Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno View Post
I have not mastered yet to show pictures on this forum, but I will soon be able to do this. To keep you updated on our Glen-L Jolly Roger doings, perhaps you go to this link of Marlenes travel blog: Marlene and Benno's Odysseys on Land and Water
At this moment I am in the process of removing the older Perkins engine 4-154 Diesel. This is not an easy task to remove the +800 pound engine, get it up out of the hole on to the wheel house floor level, move it thru the salon on to the aft deck to be able to lift it off the boat. I had to get a gantry build, have long 4x4 post running thru the salon to slide the engine. Look at the picture at the above link. Regards, Benno
Good luck with repowering. My Coastal Cruiser has a Volvo Penta I/o . Iíll be interested in pictures of your build out. Iím still in the redesign phase of the cabin. Expect to start the remodel this winter.
kollerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 04:23 PM   #44

Hi Vinz, we had a Volvo Penta 3cyl diesel in our sailboat, good motor but parts were costly. We got our motor out today and it is sitting on the aft deck now. Will have it lifted off on Saturday and then Marlene will update her blog with pictures. Regards, Benno
Old 11-06-2021, 08:44 PM   #45

Hi everyone, we removed the Perkins 4-154 engine today from the boat and have pictures of this doing at Marlenes blog: Marlene and Benno's Odysseys on Land and Water
It was not an easy task but it worked without a hick up. Regards,Benno