Old 12-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #21

City: Monterey
Vessel Model: Hankinson Coastal Cruiser
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking at a Glen-L Hercules but need a trailer. They sell some nice aluminum trailers that have two bunks one for each side two shorter ones for the bow and a lowered frame for the keel probably 10"to12" for the keel. Does anyone on the blog have any experience with this.
Thanks
Butch
Did you end up buying the Hercules? Any photos?

kollerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #22

City: BIG PINE KEY
Vessel Name: Farside
Vessel Model: Glen-L Hercules
Current Hercules owner

I am actually the current owner of the Hercules that belonged to the person who started this thread. He mentioned the original builder, Louie Jiran, and I am not sure if he bought the boat from him or someone else. He renamed it Bobbin Bob. Another owner in Vermont named it Iris. I bought it from Pete Hall from Albany who named it The Dirty Tug and painted it all black.
I have been renovating it and replacing a lot of rotted wood and ground off all the many layers of paint and reprimed and painted with Awlgrip. Just recently took out all the leaking windows and replaced the rubber seals with frames and rebedded the glass.
Bought an old trailer after I got the boat and reworked it to hold the boat. Had a local marina pull with their forklift and put on the trailer and now it sits in my yard where I can work on it.
If anyone has any info on the history of L's Belle, Iris, Bobbin Bob, The Dirty Tug, and now, Farside, drop me a line!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3732.jpg   IMG_3734.jpg   IMG_3741.jpg   IMG_3735.jpg   IMG_3737.jpg  

IMG_2832.jpg   IMG_2725.jpg  

ksipes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:39 PM   #23

City: Monterey
Vessel Model: Hankinson Coastal Cruiser
Hello ksipes1. Congrats on your Hercules. Nice work. I have the Coastal Cruiser (still nameless) shown in posts on this thread and will start a complete interior remodel later this spring. Interested in staying in touch on your remodel. In particular eyeing turning one of the forward facing helm windows into a openable hatch to the foredeck.

Also thinking about adding a swim platform. Did you add yours or did it come with it?
kollerv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:55 PM   #24

City: BIG PINE KEY
Vessel Name: Farside
Vessel Model: Glen-L Hercules
Glen-L Hercules "Farside"

I am pretty much done with the renovation. Just doing some cleaning and painting in the interior and removing some obsolete stuff not needed. Its ready to paint the bottom and put it back in the water.
The platform brackets the thread starter had were on the boat when I bought it with some pressure treated wood on them. I got rid of the wood and bought some 2"x 6" composite black deck board and made the platform and put a folding stainless ladder and ss handles on it. You can see it in the last picture in my last post.

ksipes1 is offline   Reply With Quote