Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #61

City: Bullhead City
Vessel Name: OCHO
Vessel Model: Allweather 8 meter
Bet you dont have battery power in the street rod... Great idea on the boat power though and no outboard noise ruining the cruzin.
geoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:30 PM   #62
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
Wow geoh,

Outboards seem whisper quiet compared to trawlers.
Allweather's are very good boats in my opinion but probably roll pretty bad and have a workboat finish. Marin says ther'e cheaply made and he could be right as I haven't looked really hard a them.

Ben2Go,
Thanks for the Elco links. TAD's Yellow Cedar is even better .. Much better.

Art,
So sorry I've upset you re your love of Tollies and Uni's.
I've spent hundreds of hours aboard Uniflites on the job. Some of that in the water but not much and never at the helm. I think they are above average boats and if fuel was free I'd have a older 31' Uniflite. Tolls are always better looking except for the 23' Sea Pup. Numerous Tollycraft's boast an almost timeless beauty (in the eye of the beholder) like the 37' that Bob Hale had. However I prefer boats that are more of a slicer than either the U or T. Perhaps some of my bias or attitude re personal feelings creep into my posts. Sorry if that's happend.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #63

There was the prototype boat that was sold last year that was really rough, might have been the one at the dock...The quality of work I have seen is ok.
To get a truly trailerable 5,000 lb boat that can be hauled anywhere there are some trade offs...paravanes/flopper stoppers help the rolling.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #64

Yeah the Perkins Perama diesel is louder than some outboards, I was comparing the battery drive sound level to an outboard for cruisen along in the previous pics...
OK louder than most outboards
Old 02-03-2013, 08:01 PM   #65
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyboats View Post
Wow geoh,

Art,
So sorry I've upset you re your love of Tollies and Uni's.
I've spent hundreds of hours aboard Uniflites on the job. Some of that in the water but not much and never at the helm. I think they are above average boats and if fuel was free I'd have a older 31' Uniflite. Tolls are always better looking except for the 23' Sea Pup. Numerous Tollycraft's boast an almost timeless beauty (in the eye of the beholder) like the 37' that Bob Hale had. However I prefer boats that are more of a slicer than either the U or T. Perhaps some of my bias or attitude re personal feelings creep into my posts. Sorry if that's happend.
Eric... Thanks for your concern/mentioning a possible upset on my part. But, Gosh No... Worry not about my/our love for Tollycraft boats. We’re solid in Tolly Land! Uniflite boats are nice to use too and also well constructed, but, Tolly wins by a good amount on several levels... that's why when we owned both brands simultaneously for a couple years, each being in top-notch classic-boat condition, it was an easy decision to sell the Uni!
Happy Boating Daze! - Art
Art is offline   Reply With Quote