Better than a camper van!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearkeley

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Mary Jo
Vessel Make
1984 Albin 27 FC
We’ve been thinking about selling our Mary Jo to get a camper van (not great at trailering...!), but decided to keep her for at least another season....hard to find a campground like this!

F5871534-248E-4F55-9BF9-9A01110DBE5F.jpg

This was just taken the other day where we are currently Cayo Costa State Park, across the Boca Grande Pass, where we can fish, swim, hike and explore nature. It’s only accessible by boat so it’s not crowded. We’ve been at anchor here for about 6 weeks (with pump out/water runs every 10 days or so) and loving it. We have cruised her down the ICW to the Keys from Maryland a couple of times and considering having her towed up north and possibly cruise Champlain to Montreal.

Would welcome any other suggestions for other places to go where it’s better to be on a trawler than a camper van.

I agree! Impossible to find a perfect (non crowded) spot like that in a camper van.

We found a pretty cool spot for our little trailer, but still quite a few folks around.
IMG_9938.jpg
IMG_9944.JPG
62691832192__9C9047AD-AD30-45FF-86B0-6AFB1982E5FB.jpg

NICE!

If I get a trailerable boat, the Trent Severn Waterway and the Georgian Bay is on my to-do list.

Don't know if it would work, but for the last week I have been thinking about maybe only doing the Trent Severn one-way by splashing the boat at Trenton, Ontario; driving my truck and trailer to Barrie (Lake Simcoe) and putting it in storage; taking the train back to Trenton; cruise the Trent Severn and Georgian Bay for 3 - 4 weeks; ride back from Port Severn to Barrie; getting my truck and trailer and doing the short drive up to Port Severn to pick up the boat.

Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom