Old 04-23-2011, 05:54 AM   #1

City: Lake Ontario
auto pilot for my 24 foot hercules trawler Knot In A Hurry

Are there any members who can assist me *in making a decision on what to purchase and some of the pitfalls with the installation as I will be doing this myself. *

Any assistance would be appreciated*

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
dscf1489.jpg  
Knot In A Hurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
RE: auto pilot for my 24 foot hercules trawler Knot In A Hurry

Bob,

Knot in a Hurry looks really great!!! The picture looks like it's in a peaceful fresh water place. When you install the AP be very careful where you install the compass. Other than that follow the directions and/or call your dealer. What ever became of your engine installation decisions and actions? Seems to me you were mulling at great length over your engine choice. How did it all turn out?
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:24 PM   #3

City: Lake Ontario
RE: auto pilot for my 24 foot hercules trawler Knot In A Hurry

Thank you for the advice, I decided that I would be spending a lot of money to gain very little, so I left well enough alone and decided after 8 years to step in a vessel that will give me the 10 + knots that I need along with a few more creature comforts. *I put her on the market to see if there was any interest and sold her for a good price, now I am on the hunt for a replacement. *I am looking for a small trawler style vessel between 25 and 30 feet, diesel power, a vessel with a good reputation. *Any suggestions?
Knot In A Hurry is offline   Reply With Quote