Where do you go in your boat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That ain't so good. There is a picture somewhere of Willy riding on her hydrofoils.:D

"Fantastic video!!! I didn't know that the boats have hydrofoils! Do all the teams have them? :confused:" SeaHorse II

The 45's that raced last year did not have foils. The 72's that will race this year all have foils. It'll be pretty wild. It looks like they have little or no directional control while they're flying as there is little rudder in the water. Maybe the foil strut helps with steering, I don't know, but I doubt it.

I saw them flying on foil past Alcatraz last week with Giggitoni. It was very impressive.

Attachments

• willy hydrofoil.jpg
    willy hydrofoil.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 222
I'm not Larry but here's the picture.

And think of what Willy could really do if she wasn't dragging all those anchors along behind her.

Perhaps the hydrofoils could be used as anchors when Willy wasn't underway. They have big, flat, angular surfaces and would probably dig in even better than a Rocna. When Eric was ready to get underway, the "anchor foils" could be hauled up, attached to the quick-release fittings on the hull, and off he'd go.

This would eliminate the need for the ten or fifteen anchors Eric currently carries on his boat.

This would eliminate the need for the ten or fifteen anchors Eric currently carries on his boat.

You guys are just plain mean.....It is kinda nice, however, to see Willy with a new "bib & tux!" :blush:

Typical mid-week SF Bay scene:

img_143228_0_4dea1fc7824a03a1dba43746636f27ec.jpg

I looked and looked for the hydrofoil picture but can't find it. Strange things happen in my computer. I have the bulbous bow pic. Need them both when I go to the Willard Rendezvous in early May.
Craig would you please send me the picture on the hydrofoils? I managed to pluck it off the TF page and on to my desktop but it's only 20KB.

Marin I'd love to buy some more anchors but I'm financially sick now. The AK house hasn't sold yet and it's caught up w us. Can't even buy a Nordic Tug.

When I get the "bib & tux!" on Willy you'll be the first to see her Walt.

Meanwhile here's your boat that always has a bib & tux.

Attachments

• IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 84
When I get the "bib & tux!" on Willy you'll be the first to see her Walt.

Meanwhile here's your boat that always has a bib & tux.

Thanks for the reminder...I almost forgot that pic. She's a looker isn't she? I love this little boat! (Sorry for the arrogance, guys but I love the lines of SeaHorse. If only she was 7 knots faster! ):smitten:

Attachments

• SeaHorse ii.jpg
    SeaHorse ii.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 83
Seahorse, your boat is l-o-v-e-l-y! Your boat is a "Grace Kelly" while mine is an "Ernest Borgnine."

Thanks for the reminder...I almost forgot that pic. She's a looker isn't she? I love this little boat! (Sorry for the arrogance, guys but I love the lines :smitten:

. . . . . and who wouldn't? That is a lovely boat.:thumb:

.....while mine is an "Ernest Borgnine."
You've got to be kidding! The "saltiness " of your trawler is its biggest attraction! Not to mention the job you did on her systems. For Chr--t sakes, Mark...Ernest Borgnine? :peace:

Last edited:
40 kts?! Wow. America's Cup or more like X-Games?

Walt says "If only she was 7 knots faster!"

Another 4 or 500hp should take care of that.

Salty in a McHale's Navy kind of way?

:thumb: I meant "salty" in a small ship kind of way. I think the Coot is a very good looking little ship & I would be proud to own one. (Whew!:blush:)

Not sure if this 35yr old Captain likes boating here in Port-aux-Basques NL but he had no issue ( or it seemed ) docking yesterday in this weather.

Attachments

• Port-aux-Basques Mar 22 :13.jpg
    Port-aux-Basques Mar 22 :13.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom