USCG Kind of Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You’re lucky as it sounds like everything went smoothly with your encounter and interactions with the CG.

You also could have just slashed the bale and let the sea absorb it.

I would hope that if this ever happened again, but with guests aboard instead of just you and your wife, that you would seek unanimous consent by all before deciding how to proceed.

And you'd probably STILL be out there trying to get a unanimous decision!

Our boat is not a democracy with pax having voting rights, input, yes, veto power, no. Our boat, our rules. :dance:

I think I would radio the USCG for further instruction. They may ask for your lat/long and to remain on the scene until they get there.

I did and they did want us to stay on station but with 3 plus knot, north setting current (we’re in the Gulf Stream) and wanting to make Lake Worth inlet before dark we told them it wasn’t practical. We gave them the lat/long on where we found it. That’s when they said “we’ll send a team out” and we could proceed toward Lake Worth. And they did send a team. :D.

I have say while going through this, everyone was polite, professional and appreciative. No once were there any suspicions or accusations. Everyone was joking about our morning encounter with the helicopter and the finding the bale later though. :whistling:

Attachments

• 60BEEAE7-3CAA-40C3-B67E-80F233EF25D3.jpeg
    60BEEAE7-3CAA-40C3-B67E-80F233EF25D3.jpeg
    190.5 KB · Views: 58
  • E9748FA0-4576-4794-935D-ABD1053CA0B7.jpg
    E9748FA0-4576-4794-935D-ABD1053CA0B7.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
D'you think if you'd added a few tablespoons to the fuel tanks, Hobo might have gotten a speed boost?

Greetings,
Mr. BB. "... do nothing about abuse of the most abused drug there is." C'mon. You're smarter than that. There's BIG $$ in the alcohol industry and also BIG $$ in the prison industry.

I was specifically referring to employers though. Employers drug testing practices are all over the place and most are very illogical. Yet in many businesses there are people known to have drinking problems which do impair their work and the companies are doing nothing about them. Also, what has been reported above about random often not being really random is true and several companies my employer acquired over the years were abusing it.

Back
Top Bottom