Tennessee River Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
Good time of year for a day cruise. Everybody's shopping.

Attachments

• IMG_3541.jpg
    IMG_3541.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 183
Very nice! Wish I was on the boat. Flying to FL to work on the boat next week!

Would really be beautiful a bit east and in the mountains.

Yes once I get that thing called work out of the way that's where we're headed.

Last edited:
When I leave my marina, I'm about 3 miles from the SW corner of the Great Smoky Mountain s Nat'l Park on the Little TN River and if I turn right out of my slip, I go about 2 miles and enter the Cherokee Nat'l Forest. Should be about 70* tomorrow and we'll be cruising out there. I love this place! Ben

I'm leaving Eddyville in Kentucky tomorrow first light, delivering a Defever 44 to New Orleans. Might see some TF people on the trip south? Give me a shout if you are on the route. I'm on Ella Grace.

Like this? View from TVA’s Raccoon Mtn Pumped Storage Project overlooking the “Grand Canyon” of the Tennessee a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• ABD6C407-42C2-4080-8C16-51731A004958.jpg
    ABD6C407-42C2-4080-8C16-51731A004958.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 144
Like this? View from TVA’s Raccoon Mtn Pumped Storage Project overlooking the “Grand Canyon” of the Tennessee a few weeks ago.

Wifey B: Not much color. Is it all gone? We were there too early for it. :ermm:

I'm leaving Eddyville in Kentucky tomorrow first light, delivering a Defever 44 to New Orleans. Might see some TF people on the trip south? Give me a shout if you are on the route. I'm on Ella Grace.
We'll probably take another ride today before wintetizing this afternoon. I'll keep an eye for you . Is that the the Defever 44 from Bayside that was for sale ?

Wifey B: Not much color. Is it all gone? We were there too early for it. :ermm:

The color at upper and mid elevations came and went quickly this year . . . about a week after the photo. Unfortunately, we were in Canada at the time and missed it. Even without color though, the gorge is gorgeous.

Two days into our trip and did 115 miles yesterday and 101 miles today. The Tennessee river is ripping from the Pickwick lock down about 40 miles. Speed dropped to about 6.5 mph for a while there. We had been averaging in 8.5 mph before that. Last night we were at at Cuba Landing and tonight at the Grand Marina near Iuca. Weather was really nice until this afternoon but the wind picked up and we have a storm front coming through tonight. 100% chance of rain tonight and tomorrow til noon. Then it's getting COLD. No more flybridge steering for a while.

It ended up being an interesting trip. Here are some photos along the way.

IMG_0380.jpg
Kentucky Lake was beautiful, calm and deserted.

IMG_1514432259.922921.jpg
Its about to get chilly

IMG_0407.jpg
Yup. Definitely cold.

IMG_0420.jpg
Delivery boat departing Demopolis.

Ok I hate to over promise and not deliver, but the album has just disappeared from my iPad. Hopefully I’ll be back in a bit with more pics and I haven’t somehow deleted them.

So, I downloaded the latest version of the iOS to my phone and the default setting for the camera is now ‘live’. So that means all the photos I took are short bursts for the time my finger was on the shutter button. Usually about two seconds. While it creates an interesting effect, it won’t download to the forum. Grrr.

Any tech whizz here hazard a guess on how to download a live pic from an iPad to the forum?

Mr. McG, I see transverse-mounted dinghy chocks on the Defever’s boat deck. Can you tell me the size, weight of the dinghy? Does the reinforced davit handle the load well enough?

So, I downloaded the latest version of the iOS to my phone and the default setting for the camera is now ‘live’. So that means all the photos I took are short bursts for the time my finger was on the shutter button. Usually about two seconds. While it creates an interesting effect, it won’t download to the forum. Grrr.

Any tech whizz here hazard a guess on how to download a live pic from an iPad to the forum?

Far from a whiz, but on my iPad I click on the individual photo, select edit and disable the “live” function at the bottom. Hope that helps.

Hello Mr A. There was no dinghy came with the boat. The broker told me it was an upgraded davit capable of lifting 1,000lbs. I could clearly see the area where it had been originally and the structural re-inforcement where the newer davit was installed.
New owner intends on putting a 9’ hard bottom rib on board with a 2.5 hp outboard. I don’t think he will have an issue with that.

I will give your tip a try. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom