Taking her home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capitaine R

Vessel Name
Charlie Noble
Vessel Make
32 Nordic Tug
We are on our way home with the new to us boat. We started out of Chester Connecticut and went thru plum gut to Long Island. We spent several days in Riverhead at my brother's place waiting out the weather and doing some small repairs and preventive maintenance tasks. From Riverhead we went to Atlantic beach (Far Rockaway) where we anchored for the night. From Atlantic beach we went to Atlantic City and spent a very quiet night anchored in Brigantine 1. There was another 32 Nordic Tug (pretty green) anchored there for the night. They had their dinghy covering up the stern so we didn't get a name of the boat. We have just left Atlantic City and are on our way to Ocean City Maryland. The ocean is flat this morning and we are making good time so far. I'm hoping for a few more days like this.

We are on our way home with the new to us boat. We started out of Chester Connecticut and went thru plum gut to Long Island. We spent several days in Riverhead at my brother's place waiting out the weather and doing some small repairs and preventive maintenance tasks. From Riverhead we went to Atlantic beach (Far Rockaway) where we anchored for the night. From Atlantic beach we went to Atlantic City and spent a very quiet night anchored in Brigantine 1. There was another 32 Nordic Tug (pretty green) anchored there for the night. They had their dinghy covering up the stern so we didn't get a name of the boat. We have just left Atlantic City and are on our way to Ocean City Maryland. The ocean is flat this morning and we are making good time so far. I'm hoping for a few more days like this.
We made it to the Ocean City NJ around 6pm and tied up along the park seawall long enough to take the dog for a much needed walk and to pickup a few supplies from a local convenience store. We anchored for the night and made a few small repairs to the anchor light and spot light. There is no real good Anchorage here that we could find, so we just made due with getting out of the channel far enough and leaving early this morning before the traffic started. Today is forecast to be pretty windy so we picked up a dock for the night at Ocean City fisherman's marina. We got the a/c working today after searching for the breaker and finally found it hiding on the top of one of the storage cabinets. The weather is looking better for tomorrow and we are hoping to get another eighty miles behind us.

Greetings,
Mr. CR. 80 miles is a LONG day.

giphy.webp

Good luck the rest of the way home. We brought our baby home to Michigan from Virginia 3 years ago this month. Have fun.

You're making good progress. Keep us posted.

Greetings,
Mr. CR. 80 miles is a LONG day.

giphy.webp
You are right there Mr. RT. Thank god for Auto pilot. we have done 3 days of just over 80 mile runs. The weather is supposed to be be real nice the next few days and we would like to try to make up a little time if it stays that way.

Attachments

• 0524191333b.jpg
    0524191333b.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 355
You are right there Mr. RT. Thank god for Auto pilot. we have done 3 days of just over 80 mile runs. The weather is supposed to be be real nice the next few days and we would like to try to make up a little time if it stays that way.
Just a quick reply, because we are so tired. We have put in some long days. We have made it to Ortona Florida. We missed the last opening for the Ortona locks so we are anchored in the rain waiting for the 7 am opening. We have an Alligator cruising around the boat, so cool. We have had no problems so far, I'm knocking on wood as I type. We need to pick up some fuel tomorrow, it will be the first time since New River Marnia in Virgina. And that Marina is great, top of our list for boat supplies. We have only 55 miles to home base, but we think we would like to make it only to Labelle tomorrow and grab one of their free docks and check out the town for the day. So far we are loving this Nordic Tug. The only issue we have had is people come up real close to take pictures of Charlie Noble and in doing so leave us in a hurry and with a big wake. I will fill in the gaps later from our ships log that my wife has kept on this whole journey.

Just a quick reply, because we are so tired. We have put in some long days. We have made it to Ortona Florida. We missed the last opening for the Ortona locks so we are anchored in the rain waiting for the 7 am opening. We have an Alligator cruising around the boat, so cool. We have had no problems so far, I'm knocking on wood as I type. We need to pick up some fuel tomorrow, it will be the first time since New River Marnia in Virgina. And that Marina is great, top of our list for boat supplies. We have only 55 miles to home base, but we think we would like to make it only to Labelle tomorrow and grab one of their free docks and check out the town for the day. So far we are loving this Nordic Tug. The only issue we have had is people come up real close to take pictures of Charlie Noble and in doing so leave us in a hurry and with a big wake. I will fill in the gaps later from our ships log that my wife has kept on this whole journey.
If there is no space at the free dock in Labelle, anchor directly across from the docks just west of the bridge. You will be put of the channel there. You will have more than 20 feet of depth there 50 feet from the shoreline and the modest current will keep the boat parallel to the shoreline. We anchored our 56,000 lb Defever44 there in February. It may not look like much of an anchorage but we will stay there the nect time through Lake O.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom