San Francisco to Ventura

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Montenido

Vessel Name
Ansedonia
Vessel Make
Californian/Carver 52CPMY
Hi folks,

I appears that the deal is going through for my purchase of a Californian 52 in Sausalito, CA. I will need to bring her south to Channel Islands Harbor in early June. Any suggestions for what anchorages to stop in? I would like to anchor or dock at night if possible.

Tentatively, I plan to go to Half Moon Bay for my first stop, then on to Monterey. From there it is a long haul to Morro Bay, or shorter, to San Simeon. I'd like some advice on rounding Point Conception if any of you have any tips.

Thanks, Bill

Bill,
It's October now and I don't see that anyone replied to your May query. Did you make it from Sausalito to Ventura ok and what was your final route?

Tak

Hi Tak,

Yes, I did make the trip in early June. We did 4 legs, with stops over night in Moss Landing, Morro Bay, and at Cojo Point. We had pretty good winds (20-30 knots) on our rear quarter for the first couple of days. My boat surfs really well, although I was told later that it was not a good idea to surf with it.

Moss Landing was in a state of real disrepair, both the docks and the boats. What a dump. Morro Bay Yacht Club was great, but it was a long leg, over 100nm. Cojo Point was beautiful, and we were the only boat there.

Along the way we saw hundreds of Humpback whales, millions of jelly fish, some large turtles, and some huge Sun Fish. The boat worked well, but I was nervous as I was learning it's systems as we traveled.

We are leaving Channel Islands Harbor on November 1, headed back down to La Paz, in the Sea of Cortez. I can't wait to get back down there. I am finishing the install of a Cruise RO 30gph watermaker, and other little projects, but I feel the clock ticking.

I will post another thread about the journey down. Thanks for asking.:thumb:

Cheers, Bill

Back
Top Bottom