Reid Harbor - Stuart Island, WA: Anyone Else Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AKMary

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Kingfisher
Vessel Make
1974 Meridian Yachts Pilothouse 48
I'm hanging out in Reid Harbor thru Wed 7/25 while I wait on a friend to arrive. Anyone else here or over on the Prevost side? If so, let's get together & cool off with a drink!

I'm the gal floating around in the red kayak. The M/V Kingfisher is parked to port as you enter the bay.

Gimme a holler as you pass by or c'mon over and introduce yourself! :popcorn:

Cheers,
Mary

Beautiful spot, I'm envious. Wish we were there. Do they still have the honor system "gift shop in a box" up on the hill for the school? Fun and very pretty hike.

Beautiful spot, I'm envious. Wish we were there. Do they still have the honor system "gift shop in a box" up on the hill for the school? Fun and very pretty hike.

Yes. The "Treasure Chest" is still there, and they have expanded, opening another location near the County Dock at the west end of Reid Harbor. They are actually not affiliated with the school.

Bill, presently in Sitka
share.garmin.com/williambutler3

Last edited:
We were there in our Kingfisher a week ago...what a lovely spot! We took the dinghy over to Gossip Island at sunset and landed on the crushed shell beach. Pure magic!

If you tie to the dock, do NOT forget to close all doors after dark. I thought I picked up a stowaway, but it turns out is was 4 stowaways. Plus, I did not rid them until Sydney, so it turned into an international smuggling incident.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom