Out here on the beautiful Southern Oregon coast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
I came out here to go albacore tuna fishing with a real good friend (a very salty 65 yr old fisherman and logger). He has an aluminum hull 40 ft commercial trawler and I was going to crew with him for a 5-10 day trip.
As things go sometimes it didn't work out :mad: I caught a dang cold the day before we were supposed to head out and there was no way I was going out 30 to 60 miles offshore and risk getting sicker, especially on a boat with VERY few creature comforts (like using a bucket for the bathroom, ha!). There would have been 3 of us in a very small area and me getting them sick was almost a sure thing so I bailed.
Fortunately he lives on 300 acres in the Gold Beach area that looks out over the pacific with breathtaking views so I'm staying here till he returns (riding his dirt bikes all over the property :thumb:)
On a side note, knowing I was flying out west I decided to line up a mini reunion with my brother and sisters to see our last living uncle in Oroville. Me, being the gear head that I am bought a 1979 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 4X4 shortbed truck in Clearlake, CA to drive to the reunion and then up to Oregon and back home to Texas...if it makes it. :dance:
So that's my story....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom