Off to Istanbul, Dubai and Kuwait...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roguewave

Guru
Vessel Name
bout’ time
Vessel Make
Grady White 282 Sailfish
Leaving in a few days with my wife and mother in law for a month long journey. I will be near the water every chance I get, whether looking out at it, in it or traveling on it. I love to rent small boats when traveling and I hope to do so on this trip.
We will be near the Bosphorus strait which is a heavily traveled waterway with much to see, I'll have visions of being there on my own trawler....some day.
Dubai will be very different from Turkey, we will have a beautiful view of the water and Palm island from the apartment but getting out on a boat may be a bit more difficult.
Kuwait will be interesting as we have a cousin over there who I understand is a boater, we'll see :thumb:
I'll take pictures if anyone is interested,
Later

Dubai will be very different from Turkey, we will have a beautiful view of the water and Palm island from the apartment but getting out on a boat may be a bit more difficult.

Shouldn't be too difficult to get on the water in Dubai :flowers:

World

We stayed on the Bosphorus Strait last summer on our trip. It was really interesting watching the ships stack up waiting to get through. Our view from the roof of the hotel... View attachment 27177

And one closer with one of my kids...

Attachments

• image-3037652469.jpg
    image-3037652469.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image-3067118691.jpg
    image-3067118691.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I went for a nice long walk on the beach in Dubai, near the Burj, after a mile or so I realized I was severely dehydrated. Don't forget its a desert, not Miami Beach.

Fascinating area - enjoy!

I'll be in Dubai in mid March. Hoping to get some boat time in, but I'll be there for work not play.
John
MS390

Thanks y'all :thumb: siting here at the Houston airport drinking a couple of coronas waiting to board the plane for the 11 hour non stop flight to Istanbul (or Constantinople for us old schoolers).

I'm sitting here this evening looking out from the apartment we rented at the same view as you, ships stacked all over the straight with one of the many beautiful 1000+ year old mosque's off to the side. Travel is wonderful, later y'all

We stayed on the Bosphorus Strait last summer on our trip. It was really interesting watching the ships stack up waiting to get through. Our view from the roof of the hotel... View attachment 27177

And one closer with one of my kids...

Very cool!

On our first night there we had the windows of the hotel open, and the late night prayer call was an awesome experience and a bit eerie for us since it was our first time in a Muslim country.

We really felt like we were seriously traveling at that point. Kind of goofy maybe, but we were really impressed.

My wife and girlfriend just got back from there after 10days.. Man they have nice pictures. Sure looks interesting. Have fun and have a Safe trip.

Thought I'd try and post a vid from my iPhone, not a really interesting vid but thought I'd try it out.

Back
Top Bottom