Long Island Sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjorgenson3

Vessel Name
Jerry Land
Vessel Make
Grand Banks/Alaskan
Took my boat out on the southern end of the sound today. It was beautiful. See attached photo. It was my first time docking on my own which I know I needed to get under my belt as the admiral is not always there.:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 142
Don't you just love the off season when you have it all to yourself. Few take advantage of beautiful days like yesterday where it hit 68 degrees around the sound. 75 degrees in NYC yesterday and 80 degrees today. It was 68 when we flew home Saturday.

Nobody was out there. Had the whole sound to ourselves. I want to head up near Branford this coming weekend checking out some marinas now.

Nobody was out there. Had the whole sound to ourselves. I want to head up near Branford this coming weekend checking out some marinas now.

We use to get out on the lake in NC all months of the year, even with it snowin. Actually especially with it snowing, as it was so beautiful looking at it. Only occasionally would we see a boat, generally some bass fisherman flying by.

We just took a boat quickly up the East Coast. Places we've been in season and always lot's of activity, were so quiet. Pull into a marina and you get their complete attention as their only customer for the day.

That's great. Actually now that I think about it we were the only ones out this winter. It was not much of a winter but I am glad its over.

We are planning our second annual trip up to Burlington in Late July or early August. We had a great time doing a spontaneous trip locking through the Champlain canal.

LI Sound-Branford, CT

We took a beautiful cruise today from New Rochelle up to Branford, CT. The sound was empty and we are one of 3 at the docks. The restaurant and bar is open. This is the best kept secret prior to the Memorial Day weekend.

Sunset

Branford sunset was beautiful from the boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom