Key West to Shark River

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've noticed the slips are a little more expensive here than in Rockport TX.

?

Last edited:
I agree with those who have suggested either heading home via the ditch or packing her up and sending her home by car or plane.

There is a third option of course. :D

But seriously, if you want to continue to do offshore cruises or head to the Bahamas you need to get stabilizers ASAP.

Otherwise if she is unhappy in those light conditions, you might be looking at trading in the boat for an RV.

Come to marathon then over to shark river,then north. I'm at Harbor Cay club and we have been visited by many island packet sail boater in the pass. We have been talked about on their web site. Winds are to be ne/e for the next week or so. Pm me if you are headed this way. Also wind finder.com is a good wind site.

I agree with those who have suggested either heading home via the ditch or packing her up and sending her home by car or plane.

There is a third option of course. :D

But seriously, if you want to continue to do offshore cruises or head to the Bahamas you need to get stabilizers ASAP.

Otherwise if she is unhappy in those light conditions, you might be looking at trading in the boat for an RV.

I agree.

Third option too expensive however.
?

Well, if you have the time going up to Miami / Stuart is a good option too. Lots of good marinas to stop in, good Cuban food in MIA very interesting scenery all the way and the trip across Okeechobee on to Ft Myers is nice too. Then no problems up to Tarpon Springs.
By then maybe "sea legs" are had if not do the jump to Apalachicola in steps along the coast.
Good luck either way, let me know when you get close to Houma La.

In April I ran from Cudjoe to Marathon then due north to Marco Island. Had an easterly 10-15. It was very easy running. A little wind chop but barely moved my light built 38.

If you decide to come up the east coast be sure to give me a shout when you get to Miami. My guys make great Cuban coffee and I know where to get the best Cuban food.

I am curious how this story ends.... Is it continued in another thread?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom