ICW show stopper in Norfolk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They will need to get this operational before I come through next week. :rolleyes:

Ted

They will need to get this operational before I come through next week. :rolleyes:

Ted

Ted, more like you need to wait until it is operational before you come through! :)

Ole salty Ted...he'll just run Hatteras like a pro.... :D

From Waterway Guide:

The Norfolk Southern #7 Railroad Bridge on the Southern Branch of the Elizabeth River has been damaged and is undergoing repairs. The bridge is unable to open on demand at this time.

There will be periodic bridge openings as repair operations permit throughout the weekend and until fully repaired. Mariners are encouraged to monitor VHF Channel 13 for updates from the Norfolk Southern bridge operator, and may contact the bridge operator on VHF Channel 13 or by calling 757-446-5320 with any questions about potential openings.

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this matter, contact United States Coast Guard Sector Virginia Waterways Management Division duty phone at 757-374-3408 or VirginiaWaterways@uscg.mil. For any urgent issues, please contact the Sector Virginia Command Center on VHF-FM Channel 16 or at 757-483-8567.

Periodic openings is better than nothing. Pretty good for being displaced 6 inches.

Ted, more like you need to wait until it is operational before you come through! :)

Clearly you don't understand who is in charge. :rolleyes: You watch, they'll open it for me. :dance:

Ted

See if these guys get an opening

Attachments

• F382226A-7F01-41A2-927F-0957A7A01918.jpg
    F382226A-7F01-41A2-927F-0957A7A01918.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 52
Huh, I see eight boats stacked up above that bridge at the moment in Marine Traffic.

7ft clearance???? Time to ballast down.

Back
Top Bottom