Grief Point for Desolation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
Absolutely flat calm, only the wash from Bayliners as we cruise NW. Supposed to rain in the next day or so, wash away the smoke. Just passed in opposite direction, a nice GB, the old kind that goes slow.

The engine looks and sounds happy, my wife looks and sounds happy too!

Life is good.

Bit of a delay off the pulp mill at Powell River, looks like 4 humpback whales doing their whale thing. Wonderful that they have come back to these waters!

That is great. My wife loves to spot whales. We saw some around there last year as well.

I like the sound of that whole "flat calm" thing.

Desolation is good! The place isn't too bad either.

Have 3 or 4 in the Sutil Channel right now.

ForumRunner_20170811_170039.jpg

Grief Point, Desolation Sound, Dismal Swamp...are these names coined to keep others from frequenting places held dear by those "in the know"..?

Grief Point, Desolation Sound, Dismal Swamp...are these names coined to keep others from frequenting places held dear by those "in the know"..?

Nobody would do that.

Bit of a delay off the pulp mill at Powell River, looks like 4 humpback whales doing their whale thing. Wonderful that they have come back to these waters!

We are in Desolation at the moment, will likely have Dave Hays up here in a day or two. When will you arrive? Where will you be?

Our son was in Sutil channel yesterday and reported sighting a humpy.

Maybe they're our seasonally resident whales...we stopped counting at 14 Humpbacks one morning in Whale Channel at the entrance to Douglas Channel a couple years ago. We just got back from a 15 day trip and only saw 10 or so the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom