To get this started?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil Fill

Guru
Vessel Name
Eagle
Vessel Make
Roughwater 58 pilot house
So I thought you were going to kick this section off? * So how do you define voyagers?* <^;{* I dont have any war stories just air head, and can believe I/you did that which are mostly humorous, but maybe not at the time.* (-;* Is this sort of like off the Deep End as most of mine post are out there a bit? )-;* So if you tell us yours, I/we will tell you our/mine. (-;

Well I was the one that was gonna get this started. I still don't have the time to write down the story I want to tell so it will have to wait a bit more...I promise to get it out.

And as far as who is worthy of posting a story, anyone that has one as it relates to boating...you don't have to be a "voyager" just someone with a good boat story. If you get your boat out there, you gotta have a few. The reason why I went from sailboats to trawlers was to "reduce" on the amount of "stories"...which it did. I have a good sailboat story as well. It is funny, you ask a trawler crawler about a recent trip and it is usually uneventful(except for the dancing girls of course....with really cool footwear...that was for you P/F). But ask a sailor about a recent excursion and you better take a seat. There is a lot more that can go wrong on a sailboat. Anyway, I'll post in a bit.

Oh, I was thinking of voyeur boating stories?* Dah!* Good thing I did not post.* )-;* Anyway, I dont have voyager boating stories. **How boring?* *)-;*****

Gee, John it must be a long great story and*I can't wait to read?* No pressure!* (-;

Oh heck! I want to tell my story so-o-o bad (it's not a very big story to anyone else but it is really something to me). But, because I'm so darn wordy (as you may have already noticed)
blankstare.gif
*that I just don't have the time right now.* Please don't stop or turn off or some such thing, this topic until after the holidays.

The photo is early one morning, just coming out of Talens Fuel Depot*near Port Arthur*Texas on the GIWW and the "red sky in the morning" would be a harbinger that I would choose to ignore.* More later.

Regards.* Merry Christmas everyone,

Attachments

• sunrise on the giww.jpg
    sunrise on the giww.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 120
Where's that fuel dock? Up the Neches River or down by Sabine pass?

Hey Keith,

My log is on the boat at the marina but as I recall (whole nuther story, "CRS") I believe it was near Sabine Pass.

I was looking for a place to stop for the night and I seen a tug-n-tow (pushin actually) and on the side of the tow (barge actually) it said "Talen Fuel Depot" in big letters with their number. Since they were coming from the direction I was heading, I figured, what the heck, I'd give them a call and see if they had room for me. Sure enough! I bought 5 gallons of diesel (they usually sell about 80,000 per day) Ha
jawdrop.gif
*and ....they fed me dinner.* The two guys on duty invited me to join them for a little gumbo and conversation.* We BS'd until 11:00 and then I went back to Troika.* Man, what a great memory.

Love that Krogen !

Best regards,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom