Erie canal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Hakuna Manana
Vessel Make
2000 Mainship 390 Trawler
I have a 2000, Mainship 390 flybridge trawler. I'm want to know if I can cruise the entire length of the Erie Canal. My concern is air clearance. Thinking of taking the trip in the springtime.
Thanks in advance for any information or opinions.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. In order to cruise west of the Oswego Canal you can’t be over 15’6” tall. I don’t know your air draft is but I suspect it is over 15’6”. You should measure it yourself and not take someone else's word.

Unless they forget to put one of the flood gates full up. Saw that this July just outside Waterford flight/ It was 18 1/2. The boat in front of us lost about $500 in gear.

Thanks for the prompt replies. At this point, gathering information. Looking forward to future discussions.

Unless they forget to put one of the flood gates full up. Saw that this July just outside Waterford flight/ It was 18 1/2. The boat in front of us lost about $500 in gear.

Always, always, always wait for the green light which will not come on til' the locks/gates/bridges are fully open.

If you can lower the radar mast and drop the bimini, You should have no problem.

Back
Top Bottom