Cruising the South Pacific

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeaMaster101

Vessel Name
SeaWitch
Vessel Make
47' Cheoy Lee SeaMaster
After 26 months of full lockdown in New Zealand I finally got access back to my boat MV Sea Witch. I crossed the Pacific Ocean in 2018 on 1972 47 foot trawler from Mexico to New Zealand, where the vessel got stuck due to COVID19 lockdown.
I will be posting some videos of the process preparing the boat for the return to British Columbia, Canada.
Here is the link to the first video if you are interested, and subscribe to see all new videos:
https://youtu.be/1NXBfznBWxI

After 26 months of full lockdown in New Zealand I finally got access back to my boat MV Sea Witch. I crossed the Pacific Ocean in 2018 on 1972 47 foot trawler from Mexico to New Zealand, where the vessel got stuck due to COVID19 lockdown.
I will be posting some videos of the process preparing the boat for the return to British Columbia, Canada.
Here is the link to the first video if you are interested, and subscribe to see all new videos:
https://youtu.be/1NXBfznBWxI

They wouldn't even let you work on and clean the boat?

Perhaps they were worried you would sneak out under of cover of darkness and covering fire?

OP, so what is your track going to be returning to Canada, the North Pacific route?

OP, so what is your track going to be returning to Canada, the North Pacific route?

I’m thinking season in Fiji, then the Samoas to load some fuel then Hawaii and from there to the PNW

They wouldn't even let you work on and clean the boat?

Perhaps they were worried you would sneak out under of cover of darkness and covering fire?

No one that wasn’t NZ citizen could come to NZ during these couple of years. I though cleaning the boat classifieds as “essential traveling” but the NZ government did not share this understanding with me :(
Anyhow now I’m spending my days cleaning up.
And checking on my “new” lithium batteries that installed just before the pandemic and have been staying unattended and totally disconnected from charge and discharge for 26 months. If you guys are interested in my findings, I can post some updates.

Very interested, subscribed, following…THANK YOU:thumb:

Ditto what Irene said.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom