Old 03-24-2020, 02:54 PM   #1

City: Warwick, RI
Raymarine E120 Classic and Navionics

Hi,

I have two E120 Classic displays that I love, work fine, and would hate to get rid of them. I currently have Platinum and Platinum+ charts of the east coast and Florida that work fine. The E120's have the most recent software update. From what I understand, the charts that I have are not, and can not be updated, thanks to Garmin. The E80 classic has the same issues as the E120.

I plan to do the loop in several years and I'm wondering about users that have/use this display and what charts and areas do they have? Specifically Canada, the Great Lakes, past Chicago to the Mississippi, Kentucky Lake, and south to the Gulf.

Thanks, this is a great forum and read the email everyday...
phoenixsf29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:03 AM   #2

City: Brisbane
Vessel Name: Beluga
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 46eu 2006 hull#289
I also liked the old e120s that came with my boat from new, and which I bought in 2014.

Unfortunately, as various bits in the whole system fail, you sometimes now can’t get new ones. Perhaps Navionics is now part of the problem, unfortunately.

I eventually found the cure to all of this to be a trip to the Raymarine shop and a very, very bad day for my VISA card...
BrisHamish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:15 AM   #3

City: Boynton Beach, FL
Have you looked into the trade-in rebate option? Garmin/Navionics is offering a rebate on new cards. You just buy the new chip that does work with your units then send in your old chip for the rebate.

As for resources to help with the trip, this webinar is a wealth of information about the Great Loop: https://www.navionics.com/usa/blog/p...a-s-great-loop
cruiserChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts, e120, e80, navionics, platinum