Bit of New England in the Bahamas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonstruck

Guru
Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
Sabre 42 Hardtop Express
As many of you know, the Abaco Cays were settled by loyalists to the King of England after the Revolutionary War. Many were from the New England area, so the settlements have somewhat of a New England look.

Here is a photo that I made while walking around on Man-O-War Cay. It certainly reminds me of New England.

img_92252_0_212dcdbae83ac0cb6421ca540ef896f7.jpg

Sorry I seem to be too dumb to upload an image. Here is a link.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/attachments/photobucket/img_92252_0_212dcdbae83ac0cb6421ca540ef896f7.jpg

Last edited:
Your photos and blog entries make a compelling case for a change of vacation destinations.

Your photos and blog entries make a compelling case for a change of vacation destinations.

Thanks, we try to stay in a place long enough to get a sense of what it is like to live there. In the blog and photos we try not to just do a travelogue, but convey a sense of place and people.

We love sharing the boat with friends and family. It is nice when they figure out what cruising is all about. It's like a light goes off, and they say something like, "so, this is what it's like. Cool".

Nice area.It reminds me of the pics I have seen of RI coastal areas.

Here's the pic.I used the IMG link on your PB page.
img_92330_0_f03a8d8a4bf0c99fa65fb603fa64b0fa.jpg

img_92340_0_f03a8d8a4bf0c99fa65fb603fa64b0fa.jpg

Well, live and learn. Thanks for the tutorial. I have only uploaded 4 or 5 photos to PhotoBucket, and never checked out the link section. That worked pretty well.

Last edited:
Thanks, we try to stay in a place long enough to get a sense of what it is like to live there.

We have done the same thing with our land based wanderings to this point.

In the blog and photos we try not to just do a travelogue, but convey a sense of place and people.

I find your blog accomplishes that quite well. Thank you for sharing part of your adventures with us. I enjoy many of our fellow members blogs too. ben2go's and Anode's especially.

We have done the same thing with our land based wanderings to this point.

I find your blog accomplishes that quite well. Thank you for sharing part of your adventures with us. I enjoy many of our fellow members blogs too. ben2go's and Anode's especially.

Thanks.I scribe to MoonStrucks blog.Good stuff. :thumb:

Would that be because BLACK folks are not allowed to stay overnight on shore?

FF

FF said:

Would that be because BLACK folks are not allowed to stay overnight on shore?

FF

Yes Fred, that is EXACTLY why.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom