Beaches in Alaska

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For now this is all I've got for armchair geography re beaches in Alaska.

1. We're having a little picnic there on the little island. Called the unnamed Is Picnic Is after that. We went all the way out Karheen Passage w that little Evinrude 3hp twin. Nicest little OB I've had.

2. We wanted to buy the cabin in the middle of the pic. It was right across the narrows from the town of Petersburg. For years it was called Kuprunoff (SP?). No roads and no electricity. Mostly old rugged Alaskans or hippie types lived there. We liked Petersburg but ther'e very narrowly focused there. Fish, kids ..... or it dosn't exist.

3. I'm on the beach far up Duncan Canal a bit west of Petersburg. Very very few people go there as it's a dead end. The fishermen (all commercial) were there when we were but I don't recall any other boats at all. The only reason to go there is that it's there.

Attachments

• 016_16.jpg
    016_16.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 92
  • STH71616.jpg
    STH71616.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 90
  • STH71604.jpg
    STH71604.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 90
Alaska Beaches

Eric
I am really late to this thread but think you will appreciate this link. The Alaska ShoreZone project has over 4 million high resolution coastal images web-posted and they can all be downloaded for free. The site is at:

Alaska ShoreZone Coastal Mapping and Imagery

and if you go down the splash page look for the "Fly the Coastline . . . Flex Website" link to the map - zoom in to your area of interest and fly the shoreline.

I will try to post four that i downloaded - 3 from Thorne Bay and 1 from Kake. These are small versions - the originals are ~ 3MB. You should be able to find a low-tide aerial version of each of the beaches that you posted.

Attachments

• se07_mm_02867.jpg
    se07_mm_02867.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 96
  • se07_mm_02883.jpg
    se07_mm_02883.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 92
  • se08_ml_05626.jpg
    se08_ml_05626.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 100
oops - missed the Thorne Bay floats - trying again.

Attachments

• se07_mm_02985.jpg
    se07_mm_02985.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 106
Wow

Thanks Eric, and all. Love the picks.

Here's a group of Alaskans headed for the beach....
ice-swimmers_1212835i.jpg

Just kidding, sorry about the hijack but just couldn't resist it.

Looks just like Pensacola's "sugar sands"

Back
Top Bottom