Bad axe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

klee wyck

Guru
Vessel Name
Domino and Libra
Vessel Make
Malcom Tennant 20M and Noordzee Kotter 52
I hear comments to the effect that the Puget Sound is a bit inclement in terms of weather this time of year but not like this.
One of the businesses took me to Alaska the past few days so I took a drive to Whittier yesterday and then to Seward today.
Wow...these boys are bad asses. God forsaken windblown cold today at around 10 degrees and 25 knots of stiff breeze. I walked a few docks but it was brutal. There was a boat or two headed out but it was not for the faint of heart.

Attachments

• Seward 1.jpg
    Seward 1.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Seward 2.jpg
    Seward 2.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 132
I hear comments to the effect that the Puget Sound is a bit inclement in terms of weather this time of year but not like this.
One of the businesses took me to Alaska the past few days so I took a drive to Whittier yesterday and then to Seward today.
Wow...these boys are bad asses. God forsaken windblown cold today at around 10 degrees and 25 knots of stiff breeze. I walked a few docks but it was brutal. There was a boat or two headed out but it was not for the faint of heart.

:thumb:Good that you were able to partake! Fresh aire, small towns, great boating country. Life is good! Even in the North part of our wonderful piece of the world.:smitten:

Al-Balmy Southern Southeast- 28 degrees and calm.

God forsaken windblown cold today at around 10 degrees and 25 knots of stiff breeze. ...not for the faint of heart.

Lucky you; the sun was shining. I'd been to Seward half-a-dozen times before I discovered it was surrounded by mountains! :lol:

Nice pics, thanks for posting them!

I know what you mean by "God forsaken windblown cold". Wind was blowing sustained 30 knots out of the North all weekend. High temperatures were only in the 70s. Was considering going back inside for long pants and a long sleeve shirt. :rolleyes::hide:

Ted

Bill, I hear your pain from the cold winds. In the early 70's I was stationed in Anchorage whilst whittling away my time in the USAF. Seward, Whittier, Homer, all of those areas were on our "Love to go there" list and we visited many times, summer and winter. Beautiful areas and a great playground.

My sister lives a little outside Concrete WA, and had a foot of snow yesterday! Ah that global warming thing...:dance:

My sister lives a little outside Concrete WA, and had a foot of snow yesterday! Ah that global warming thing...:dance:

... and us 1 inch of icy rain in the night, was very pleasant to go to work while skating :banghead:

Wind was blowing sustained 30 knots out of the North all weekend. High temperatures were only in the 70s. Was considering going back inside for long pants and a long sleeve shirt. :rolleyes::hide:

Ted[/QUOTE]

You considered it? I did it.
Walked the dog in the evening it was getting down to a balmy 60°

Back
Top Bottom