Albin 25 as a liveaboard?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.

The smaller the boat the bigger the adventure.

Great comment! I've often pondered whether I could live aboard my little 24' trawler. I determined it could be done if I significantly downsized and simplified my life (not a bad thing) but I'd have to live alone. I'd enclose the aft with canvas/sunbrella. I already have A/C, shore power, water, a head, and ample storage. Showers would be a challenge though--perhaps I'd use the marina showers or install a water heater on board and use the aft wash-down sprayer.

Matters I worry about are considerations for a live aboard on any-size boat. What do I do with my family heirlooms, photos, or collections? Where do I go if a hurricane approaches? Where do I stay during haul out and repairs?

I say go for it! Someone else mentioned Janice--she's a great example of someone who has done it successfully on a smaller boat.

... there's no snow, no cold weather, warm beaches, and if I understood him correctly, he's going "solo."
If that's the case, all I can say is :dance:

But oh!, the heat and humidity!

Going solo is the key. I could do it alone on a boat that size by myself, but not even with my wife, we would drive each other crazy.
He should go in my opinion. If he gets 2 weeks down the road and he hates it, the Albin could be sold and he goes to a rental house somewhere. The injustice of this situation would be if he didn't give it a fair shake. My monies on him! I think this will be the time of his life.

There is someone on this site wanting to downsize from their Albin 27FC to something more trailerable. Perhaps you can do a swap. They get a smaller boat, and you get one that is more liveable. I have always liked the Albin 27FC, but it is not very trailerable (it can be done).

For a single person the 27 with a camper top available for the center section when inclement weather strikes would be very nice (IMO).

You'd both stay in the family of boats you are familiar with.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/albin-27fc-1988-sale-trade-20911.html

Back
Top Bottom