55' boat from Dominican to Great Inagua

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatpoker

Guru
Like some opinions on best route (east or west) running a 55' power boat cruising up to 20knots from Boca Chita in Dominican Republic to Great Inagua at this time of year..
Thanks

55' power boat cruising up to 20knots

Get a high limit on a number of credit cards and bring about $10K cash for the cash only places.

A guess would be only a few hundred miles between filling stations , so a good plan will be required.

Plan B would be 7K cruise for 3 or 4 times the range.

Depending on the boat , and sea state the ride at 7K may SUCK!

55' power boat cruising up to 20knots

Get a high limit on a number of credit cards and bring about $10K cash for the cash only places.

A guess would be only a few hundred miles between filling stations , so a good plan will be required.

Plan B would be 7K cruise for 3 or 4 times the range.

Depending on the boat , and sea state the ride at 7K may SUCK!

Route ?

I have never done or contemplated doing the trip, but the people I have met that have done it had gone down through the Exumas to the Turks and Caicos Islands. Then jumped from there to the Dominican Republic.

Good luck.

Like some opinions on best route (east or west) running a 55' power boat cruising up to 20knots from Boca Chita in Dominican Republic to Great Inagua at this time of year..
Thanks

Assuming you mean Boca Chica, East at the end of November. I don't believe Haiti is a place you want to visit.

I have never done or contemplated doing the trip, but the people I have met that have done it had gone down through the Exumas to the Turks and Caicos Islands. Then jumped from there to the Dominican Republic.

Good luck.

Scratch my previous. I read it as Boca Chita (as in Boca Chita Key) to the Dominican Republic. I have no idea where you are going.

Boca Chica is on the south coast not far, east if I remember right, from Santo Domingo the capital.
Steve W

Back
Top Bottom